By David A. Black, Sr.
Almost immediately after the Bill passed, an entirely party-line vote of 60 – 39, I believe it was Senator Barrasso, of Wyoming who asked, why, if the Bill so good, did it require exemptions, or special deals, for Senators from at least 13 States.
What kind of special deals were carved out of Sen. Reid’s Health Care Reform Act?
Nebraska received guaranteed funding to cover all additional costs for expansion of Medicare to low income individuals, thanks to Sen. Ben Nelson.
Louisiana received a $300 million payoff for Medicare benefits to Sen. Mary Landrieu.
Sen. Bernie Sanders, a self-proclaimed “Socialist”, from Vermont, gets a huge chunk of change for his “pet project”, the Community Health Centers Program.
Sen. Chris Dodd received funding for a new hospital in Connecticut in an attempt to help his re-election bid.
Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Maine, Nevada, California, New York, and Illinois are all to receive funding for Medicare for low income individuals, some of the funds are delegated to go to illegal immigrants who now qualify for the TANF program (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) who were already in the country prior to the Welfare Act of 1996.
Apparently, Sen. Reid’s Health Care Reform Act was a first step toward Comprehensive Immigration Reform as well. After all, if we are already paying for “illegal immigrants” under the Health Care Bill, we should find our way clear to legalizing these poor individuals, and make them official, productive members of society.
Wait, just a cotton-pickin minute! If they have been here since before 1996, and are still on “temporary assistance”, how can anybody profess they are productive members of our society? This dramatically contradicts the claim that not providing illegal immigrants with a pathway to citizenship is unfair because they already pay taxes, yet receive no benefit. I guess the “shadows” are not as bad as we were led to believe.
OK, I digress. The question is, where is this thing headed now?
It works like this. The Senate Bill goes back to the House of Representatives, causing Speaker Pelosi to meet with Sen. Reid, behind closed doors of course, and find ways to manipulate the rest of their party to reconcile the two Bills, now passed by the separate houses of congress.
Chances are, the Democrats will force a Health Care Bill through by the end of January and present it to President Obama by the first week of February. Then the Democrats can tout that a “Historical President” has mentored a “Historical Bill” through Congress. What they will not tell us is that they are in fact making history. Their Health Care Bill will make America, as we know it, history, in a relatively short time.
If bankrupting the country, in an attempt to usher in a socialistic agenda, is their goal, the Health Care Reform Bill is the ticket to their success. Think about it! California, New York, and Michigan, three of the most liberal States, are the leaders of the pack of States, already rushing toward bankruptcy, or at the very least, financial insolvency.
There you go! We already have examples to follow.
I know, you probably think this is another “The Sky is Falling” episode from Chicken Little. However, I would encourage you to consider the ten pillars of Communism, as stipulated by Karl Marx, in his book, A Communist Manifesto.
1. The abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes. America was built, in part, on pride of ownership of property. Have we not witnessed the grabbing, hoarding, and assuming control of land (eminent domain), and uses thereof, by the government in recent history?
2. A heavy progressive graduated income tax. This is a process of punishing success, or exceptionalism. When is the last time you got a pay raise and actually received more net income? Doesn’t happen under the modern U.S. Tax System.
3. Abolition of rights of inheritance. Can you say “Death Tax”? As it stands, the Government heavily taxes that which you inherit from the hard earned success of your parents, or grand-parents. I have heard it said, “It costs more to die, than to be born”. That is a significant statement for anybody that is a parent. For those of you who are not parents, ask yours.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels. All right. I have no concrete evidence of this. However, I wonder if the Secretary of Homeland Security announcing that Conservatives and ex-military personnel are potential terrorists would qualify as a precursor to a strategy of this magnitude. Just a thought. If you think about it, we did “encamp” those of Japanese descent, during World War II, under President Roosevelt. He was a “Progressive Democrat” too.
5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the State, by means of a National Bank, with State Capital, and an exclusive monopoly. OK. This is a “no brainer”. Think about the “Financial Bail-Outs”, and the fact that several of the banks that received TARP Funds were told NO when they attempted to pay back the money.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State. This is taking place as you read this article. Liberal Democrats are chomping at the bit to enact the “Fairness Doctrine” to control what is said over the airwaves. They are currently attempting to put control of the internet in the hands of the President and his Czars. Of course, they are only considering our “cyber-safety”. Needless to say, I know very well, the over burdensome regulations of transportation, which tightens its stranglehold on the throat of interstate commerce every year. But that too, is done in the name of Safety. Funny, how Public Safety in the eyes of legislators relegates to Government Revenues.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of wastelands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan. The easy indicator here is a glance at the recent takeovers of the auto industry, and the unprecedented affiliation of the Government with the Labor Unions. However, to fully understand this aspect of a potential Communist takeover, you must look beyond the surface of Government subsidization and Co-Ops in the farming industry, and think about the control exhibited in the Government’s ability to not only dictate who grows what, but how much, when, and to whom the crops must be sold.
8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture. Again, I must refer to the Government / Labor Union affiliation. How many favors are due to the Labor Unions in return for various forms of assistance to campaigning candidates? The pay backs from campaign promises to the unions continue to mount at a cost, yet to be determined, to the American Tax Payers. And as to an “Industrial Army”, did not Candidate Obama mention a “Civillian Army”?
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country. Maybe you have noticed, or maybe it’s just my ill perception, that most of the emphasis of Government Programs deal with urbanizing America by moving people into the city and away from less accessible locales.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labor in its present form. As a candidate for president, then Sen. Obama, pushed for Public Service Volunteers and involvement in Community Service. I think those statements dovetailed nicely with the “soon-to-be” First Lady promoting the ideology of abandoning the “Corporate World”. Apparently, there is some form of “Volunteer Act” being floated around Washington, D.C., to accommodate President Obama’s “Civillian Army“, that would require every graduate of the Public School System to various forms of Community Service. How long before a program of this nature gives Congress the right to dictate who receives what form of education in order to fulfill the “Public Need”? How long then, until the needs of the Labor Unions are disguised as “Public Needs”?
Just a series of thoughts. But, I am willing to bet, you get the picture. The passing of a Health Care Reform Act, that is opposed by more than 60 percent of Americans, and the indication that it is merely a disguised first step to something more sinister, is at the very least, a red flag, maybe even a Communist Red Flag.
I think it is time that even the most uninvolved American should sit up and pay attention to what our Government is up to, and start looking at the Majority of influence on our Government, and gain a clear understanding of where our current path will lead us.
Could this be the beginning of, Welcome Comrades?
Think about it. You decide.